Benefits of Yoga
Yoga can benefit everyone, whatever their age, ability or experience. Correctly taught and practiced it is completely safe, yet as challenging as you want it to be.
It brings many benefits physically and mentally and is a great way to help people deal with the stresses and strains of everyday life. For more details of this see the meditation and relaxation section.
Yoga can improve quality of life, sleep, mood and ability to cope with and manage stress. It may not provide a cure, but when combined with medication or treatment recommended by your doctor, it can be useful in management and improvement of many health conditions.
It is also a good way to supplement your exercise routine and is increasingly being integrated into the training programmes of atheletes such as footballers. For more details of this please look at Blog
Some benefits may be...
- Increased flexibility- as you learn and practice postures, each time body awareness and flexibility increases and muscles and connective tissue begin to loosen. An improved range of motion means that injury from physical activities is less likely.
- Management of chronic health conditions-relaxation and breathing techniques used in yoga can help with asthma,depression, stress, low back pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoartritis, carpel tunnel syndrome and even memory. It can be useful in combination with other therapies and medication for high blood pressure, and heart disease. Advice of a doctor should however be sought prior to starting any exercise regime.
- Weight management- yoga can help to improve lifestyle, self esteem and has been said to help reduce unhealthy habits and cravings.
- Balance- yoga will help improve body awareness, flexibility and balance. Improved balance may lessen the liklehood of falls or injury in the elderly.
- Other conditions- your practice can provide a space for you. Imrove quality of life, sleep, mood and ability to cope with and manage stress.
Yoga practice can bring a lightness to your life as awareness of breath and physical capacity improve.
It is able to
- Improve and Correct Posture
- Slim the body and give better muscle tone
- Improve flexibility and ease stiffness
- Align the spine and ease or prevent back problems
- Improve fitness and energy levels
- Improve blood circulation
- De-toxify the body
- Relieve the symptoms of stress
- Boost self-esteem and confidence
- Improve overall health and resistance to illness
- Give a more youthful appearance
Remember 'no farmer has ever hoed a field by turning it over in their mind' so to experience the benefits of yoga you need to try it!!
Classes and one-to-one tuition are available for beginners, those with specific health concerns and more experienced yogis.
Please contact me for more information